G-VYKV572BRX
 

REBUILD Pathway

Post-detox inpatient rehabilitation care for patients who are homeless or rough sleeping

HL Member - colour white 3x.png
Building on the successful implementation in 2020 of the Step-down Homeless Medical Care Pathway, Mildmay Mission Hospital is perfectly placed to deliver the new REBUILD Pathway - providing stabilisation-based intermediate residential rehabilitation care to patients who are homeless.

Patients who are homeless or rough sleeping and recovering from substance abuse are admitted to Mildmay following detox treatment at acute centres in London - units like the Addiction Clinical Care Suite for homeless people at Guys and St. Thomas’s Hospital, with whom we have partnered to deliver this project.

Mildmay Mission Hospital has a long history of providing individually tailored, specialised treatment and rehabilitation for people living with complex psychosocial issues and challenging health conditions within a supportive, compassionate and caring environment, and is a leader in HIV rehabilitation care.

 

Patients on the REBUILD Pathway receive support and expert care from a full multi-disciplinary team throughout their treatment journey, from initial referral through to discharge and aftercare.

leroy-skalstad-q9jjT1U2km4-unsplash.jpg

How we help

We work to restore patients’ independence and facilitate their motivation toward recovery.

Mildmay delivers high-quality, patient-centred, supportive, individualised post-detox care. Our multidisciplinary clinical team has expert knowledge of the progression and treatment of disease, including disorders associated with substance (drug and alcohol) misuse.

Our multidisciplinary approach also addresses psychological and social needs, is sensitive to different cultural needs and is holistic in its nature.

Our approach to managing this service is evidence-based and complies with current standards and practice guidance including UK guidelines on clinical management, NICE and CQC regulations.

 

As an organisation, we are responsive to changes within national guidelines. The service is individualised, effective and innovative and underpinned by clear guidance and prescribing protocols. All patients participate in the development of bespoke, multi-disciplinary care plans*.

 

*Each patient is fully involved in planning their care, which is tailored to take personal preferences and individual circumstances into account and meet the specific medical and psychological needs of the individual, generating a sense of ownership.

Our experience and expertise mean this Pathway will make a considerable contribution to economic, social and environmental wellbeing across London.

Mildmay-pamphlet-cover-2.jpeg

Social value

We have social value embedded into our charity's ethos, with a long history of supporting and empowering marginalised people.

 

Mildmay Mission Hospital was first established in the 1860s to support local homeless and vulnerable populations in the most socially deprived areas of East London and later evolved into an independent mission hospital.

 

Although it has been part of the NHS since 1948, we remain committed to our original values, focusing on empowerment, having a positive impact on communities, and celebrating life in all its fullness for everyone in Mildmay’s care.

 

Mildmay has demonstrated these values time and again. We have been at the forefront of HIV care since the 1980s and, since April 2020, by diversifying our services to deliver pioneering step-down care to people who are homeless or rough sleeping.

Image credit: Leroy Skalstad 

With an outstanding international reputation for delivering high-quality, person-centred, complex care and rehabilitation within the speciality of HIV, and more recently developing our connections as well as our experience and reputation within the homeless healthcare sector, we continually strive to build on our existing connections, and develop our relationships with stakeholders in the speciality of detox and homeless health.
jorg-karg-R8k4A8z7_lA-unsplash for website.jpg
Pale grey curve.png
Find out more about the Step-Down Homeless Medical Care Pathway, and why this unique service is so vital for those that are homeless or rough sleeping.

Image credit: Jorg Karg

Our funding

Mildmay is a charity providing specialist services to the NHS, not an NHS or private hospital. We don't make a profit and all donations are invested in our services and facilities.

 

Only around 80% of funding for our services is covered by NHS contracts and we depend on your help to secure the remaining 20%.

Help us secure the future of our UK hospital in developing the Homeless Pathway, so we can ensure equal and fair access to healthcare for those who are homeless.

For more information about the clinical aspects of the REBUILD Pathway, visit our UK Hospital website.

external-link-icon-white.png